Sunday, February 13, 2011

Airport Security

When I have time, I would like to write a fairly long article on this topic but for now, I want to share a couple of quotes from the article "The Security We Want" by Glenn Harlan Reynolds, published in Popular Mechanics magazine February 2011 issue:

- "The Israelis focus on the person, looking for signs of nervousness, stories that don't hang together and other evidence of nefarious intent. This makes sense. Ultimately, it's people, not objects, who pose the danger."

-"Security has always been about everyone, not just the professionals, because where terrorism is concerned, everyone is on the front line."

- "To fight terrorism, we need a populace that is informed, motivated, vigilant and prepared, not one that is seething and feeling powerless and resentful."

Of course, some companies are also making fun of the current airport security situation in their commercials as well:
Here is another one from NFL:

No comments: