- "Intelligent Risk Management"
- "Moreover, an insider isn't just a systems administrator; it's anyone or anything that touches your network, including all the equipment and the whole supply chain behind it. All it takes is one employee using the same USB drive on two different networks—the IT equivalent of a surgeon not washing his hands between operations—to fatally compromise a system's security."
- "If your data is valuable enough, there is almost nothing you can do to provide total security against an expert adversary."
- "The Internet itself has proven resilient, and though parts of it can go down, the organic growth of pathways and the diversity of equipment provide enormous robustness."
- " I think that any objective analysis of the situation would conclude that perfect security is not possible, other than through the draconian proposition of complete isolation from networks."
Thursday, October 14, 2010
"Cyber Armageddon" by Robert W. Lucky
While I was reading the reflections column in the IEEE Spectrum magazine's September 2010 issue, I noticed some intresting perspectives. I am basically listing my highlighted lines from the article:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment